Pagina's

dinsdag 11 september 2012

Gothic Fairy

Last week I went to a big traveling outlet for books and cheap craft supplies. (Boekenfestijn) I didn't buy much as you can see..
 ...but I was very happy to bump into this book about fairies, from Jasmine Becket-Griffith. It is a collection of her work untill 2005, but still very inspiring.
Suddenly, I wanted to draw and paint fairies! So I grabbed my sketchbook and started with this one:
That felt goooood!!!
So I grabbed a piece of watercolorpaper and started sketching another one.
This was my inspiration:
 
I traced the lines with a blue Sharpie and I got this:
I painted the complete paper with matte grey acrylic paint, traced the blue lines again with my Sharpie and started painting....lots of layers of acrylic paint and some finishing touches with my markers:
 
I'm very happy with the results!
I'm waiting now for my Prismacolor pencils to arrive. I would love to make a fairy with my new colorpencils!!!!
 
TFL!
Sandra

3 opmerkingen:

Melanie zei

Wauw, mooi gedaan hoor.
Liefs, Melanie

Marit zei

Zoals ik op het forum al zei: ik vind 'r fantastisch!!!

Ilse hobbelen zei

leuk geworden sandra......weer goed op dreef!